Monday, April 6, 2009

My Story Begins


My quest for Iron Man glory began with what seemed like a crazy idea at the time. I was going to ride a bicycle 105 miles in one of the most brutal deserts in North America in the fall of 2007.

I accomplished this and set my goals higher along the way. Don't get me wrong, this was certainly a tough ride, made tougher by one hundred degreee heat plus a 30mph headwind with gust to 60 mph over the last 50 some miles, but I needed more of a carrot to keep me training when the weather is not so good and my bed seems so comfortable.

As I am starting this blog in April of 2009, I will make some posts that are background to where I am now to not only share some helpful experiences, but hopefully to entertain those who are either interested in increasing their physical fitness, or who simply want to live their lives vicariously through my blog.

I look forward to hearing your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment