Monday, May 4, 2009

The Monday After

Ok, so I am paying the price for not having the volume I needed for the Mini, but I am going to do my level best to make sure that I don't get behind that 8 ball again.

I woke up Sunday with my core and going down the stairs/sit down leg muscles hating me.

I went to Church where I had ample opportunity to stand up and sit down to try and loosen them but.... So I went for a walk in the woods with my wife in the afternoon after slaving over a computor for a couple of hours working on a friends website. Oh yeah, I cut the grass after Church too :)

Today I felt much better and had resolved to be on my bike for my 9 mile comute this morning no matter what.

Things were going well right up to the time I went to jump on my bike and realized that the computor was no where to be found. This is a Garmin 305 edge, GPS enabled Bike putor that keeps track of my HR, Cadence, work outs, mileage, tells me how fast I am going, how hard I am working and how far I have gone.

I remembered that the last time I had been on my bike was last Thursday, when I rode downtown to pick up my packet for the Mini. On the way back, I realized that I did not have my putor but I remember thinking, "Oh well, I put it in my pack, I will just do with out it, cause this is only a couple of miles." So I dumped my pack out twice, went through every place in my house that I could have possible put it and...... no putor. So I used my wrist Garmin (same thing but for running and triathlon records and a little tough to use on your bike when it is on your wrist) and came on to work, unhappy about the missing Gman but happy to be riding never the less.

It was a beautiful morning and I did the 9 miles in an easy 32 minutes and arrived at work with most of my soreness gone.

After sitting in meetings all morning and at my desk, I had stiffened up plenty for the recovery run that I had planned for my lunch time. I did 2.18 miles in 22 minutes 15 seconds and felt reasonable again. Also, I was able to get my HR working again on my Gman so that made me happy.

So at 5pm I was out the door on my bike headed to my annual eye Dr Appointment. I have to do this every year to make sure that I have not developed complications with my diabetes. Retinopothy is the word, I believe. It was about a 5 mile ride in rush hour traffic that took me a half hour. I almost got ran over for the second time since I started biking, but this time it was someone I didn't know.

I didn't exactly get a clean bill of health at the Dr's office, but it wasn't necessarily bad news etiher. I was leaking a little blood in my right eye (tiny tiney amount) but he wants to see me again in 6 months this time.

When I had arrived at the Dr's office my BG was a little on the low side (72) and when I checked it again B4 leaving it was still only 86 so I drank 2 8oz juices to give me enought fuel to get home.

BTW they dialate my eyes for these exams so I then got to ride the 9 miles home with less than perfect vision, but I made it safely with no incidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment