Sunday, October 4, 2009

Death Valley Awaits

Ok, so I am getting close to my ride in DV and have been spending my time on the bike and writing fundraising letters instead of blogging.

Also In the last month, I have developed or discovered plantar facittis and so my running is on hold at best right now. I am alternating very short runs (5k) with several days of rest.

The good news is that my PF seems to be slowly healing and my run fitness does not seem to be suffering.

I have been doing long bike rides (60-75 mile) alternated with short (30 mile) fast bike rides 1 1/2 hour or less. THe long needs to be longer and the short needs to be faster, but my bike fitness is continueing to improve

I have not been in the pool for the last week as I have been working on fund raising in the mornings and riding every night. My long ride of this year is still only 90 miles, so I intend to build my endurance off of the DV ride and by spring be doing at least one 120 mile ride per month on my hill loop.

We will see how that works out, today I raced the metal man on the Timberman 70.3 course and he kicked my butt. I out climb him but for some reason, he can go down hill a lot faster. NO matter, when I can beat him, I will just have to turn up his power, so that he is a challenge again (grin)
Got my road bike all packed for DV so likely for the next few months all of my outdoor riding will be on my Cyclocross TCX0

No comments:

Post a Comment