Monday, October 26, 2009

Ok so I'm ready to R & R

No I'm not talking about rest and recover, I did that last week.

Only ran 4 miles and drilled in the pool Saturday for an hour. (not like with a drill, but I did drills).

Yesterday, I swam 1500 yds in an hour and today ended up crunched for time and only ended up doing 1000 yards but I did it in 37 minutes. I am getting a lot better feel for balance in the water. You want to be teetering on your armpit (read leaning on your armpit) because that is the fullcrum of your balance. I can tell that is getting better when I breath left as I am not sinking after I breath (near so much as I was a short time ago anyway)

I am still picking my head up instead of totally rolling for air on the left side but I am getting it right about 50% of the time now. My front quadrant stroke is getting much more consistent as well.

My focuses in the swim today were to
  • keep my head down when breathing (I did great on the right and got better on the left)
  • faster recovery on stroke (went very well)
  • feeling my weight on my armpit (better all the time)
  • anchoring my hand (first day I started trying this and did it about 25% of the time)
  • drive relaxed hand to target ( about 90% on this and getting better)

Whew, that is a lot to think about! Also I usually rest and reset every 25 yards and today I felt the need to start building my swim endurance so I stretched that to every 50 yds. This should also allow me to get more yards in during the time that I have available. The trick is to imprint and not get myself so tired that I get sloppy.

Also I ran a little over 5k on my 30 minute lunch break today and that went really well.

My foot has been swollen for a couple of months now from my PF and even though the pain seems to be diminishing, it concerns me that I still am experiencing inflamation. My foot looked and felt a lot better today, before , after and during my run than it has in a long time.

My average pace was 9:26 and that included my warmup, plus I did a negative split with the second half coming in at 9:11 and my best pace 5:21. Never cracked zone 4 either so this was a pretty easy effort run.

planning to stretch out real good tonight after 30 minutes on the eliptical and icing and stretching for my left foot as well

So I am now ready to Rock and Roll Baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment