Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dropped again

Well it seems no matter how hard you train, there is always the possibility of getting dropped off even an easy group ride....... especially where diabetes is involved.

I went out with the BGI South group on Monday on what is typically an easy ride for me and spent most of the ride in the front of the pack.

We really had the hardest part finished and were on the way back with the wind at our backs, when I got double down arrows at 138 on my meter. The only reason I looked was because I had suddenly felt like I was out of gas. The thing was that I had one kind of ride in mind when we started, so I planned my start BG strategy with that in mind and the ride actually started a bit harder and faster.

So instead of adapting my strategy, I continued on as if nothing had changed....... a lot of room for improvement on this using my head thing here :)

So I got blown out the back and had to ride the last 14 miles home by myself. Fortunately, it was not in to the wind.

I will be going out with the fast group tonight from BGI South and so far, I forgot to bring a bike jersey with me, and have felt awful all day due to high BG issues yesterday, but I usually feel better getting exercise after the high BG hangover has subsided

No comments:

Post a Comment