Friday, August 7, 2009

Mission not accomplished

While I made my brag that I was going to stay with the killer B's until the very end last night,,,,,, I fell a bit short of the goal hanging on until about 26 miles before blowing up due to a bunch of decelerations followed by hard accellerations.

I stayed near the front until we turned south and the pace picked up to 29 mph and some change for probably 3-4 miles (it seemed like forever as I was kind of in survival mode for this leg)

I finally caught my breath and thought I had it made to the end and negelected to watch ahead for stop signs so that I could conserve my energy and stay off the brakes to have enough gas in the tank to stay with the group on the take off.

The good news is that after I got dropped, I was able to pull myself back together and catch another group of stragglers that got blown out and rode in with them. A bit of an improvement over last week.

So yesterday was Pool, lunch 5k and 30 mile bike ride.

Today is 600 yd pool, lunch 5k and possibly another 5k after work

Tomorrow I am planning to get up early and ride to Zionsville to meet my JDRF group for a 50 mile ride and then hopefully have my lovely wife pick me up for lunch and a "car ride" home

No comments:

Post a Comment